Site search by Findberry

A local history and genealogy site for Wimpole, a village and parish in South Cambridgeshire.
Curated by Steve Odell.



St Andrew's Parish Church, Wimpole (c1905)
St Andrew's Parish Church, Wimpole (c1905)

A local history and genealogy page for the Parish of Wimpole.

Baptisms 1800-1863
Church Registers
St Andrew's Parish Church
Page in Development

Notes:
The date given is the date of baptism, and not the date of birth.
The original spelling of names (as transcribed) has been retained.
(B.T.) indicates the entry as shown in the Bishop's Transcripts 1599-1812 where it differs from the entry in the local church register. For more details, see the original Introduction written by T.P.R. Layng in 1983 on the Parish Registers page.]
Information, notes and comments additional to the Wimpole Registers are generally shown within greyed [square brackets]
Over 1000 surnames that appear in the Parish Registers for Wimpole have been Indexed Alphabetically.
(2004) These listings are based on the Church Registers for the Parish of Wimpole, as transcribed and collated by T P R Layng in March 1983. Originally typed by C L and A E Hatton. Additional research and indexing for this website by Steve Odell.
(2017) I have also compared the Layng transcript below with the commercially available Cambridgeshire Family History Society version. Any significant differences have been so identified.

Continued from Baptisms 1700-1799

12 January 1800 DELLER James, son of William and Sarah.
9 February 1800 WHITBY Sarah, daughter of John and Jane.
20 April 1800 COOPER William, son of James and Elizabeth
31 August 1800 PRATT Sophia, daughter of John and Sarah
5 October 1800 HARDWICKE
[Yorke]
Joseph John, son of Philip and Elizabeth, Earl and Countess of Hardwicke, born 20 August 1800.
[Died 23 March 1801 (aged 7 months). Joseph James Yorke was the infant son of Philip Yorke, 3rd Earl of Hardwicke and Lady Elizabeth Scot Lindsay. Interred 28 March 1801 in Wimpole Parish Church and later in his parent's Monument Tomb in the centre of the Chicheley Chapel.]
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     

The Layng Transcriptions end here.



St Andrew's Parish Church.
A living church for the Parish of Wimpole, located within the National Trust's Wimpole Estate.
The Church is managed and maintained by the Parochial Church Council




Contact the Website
      Read Our Guestbook
Website © Copyright 2000-2017 Steve Odell